Reach Truck Training
The aim of the course is to give participants the basic skills and knowledge to operate stacker trucks safely and efficiently and successfully complete the theory and practical evaluations associated with the course.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Operate a reach truck safely, reducing the risk of injury to operators and pedestrians and increase the efficiency of forklift truck operators
- Understand safe operating techniques
- Know how to refuel/recharge forklifts safely
- Correctly position forklift in relation to task requirements
- Stack and de-stack safely & accurately
- Attain the required standard to successfully complete the theory and practical evaluations
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for experienced forklift truck drivers wishing to gain certification for the operation of reach trucks.
- Daily inspection procedures
- General Safety rules
- Loading and stacking procedures
- De-stacking and unloading
- Charging & changing batteries
- Refuelling procedures
Presentation on multimedia, supplemented by discussions, case studies and practical exercises. Course material handouts, training records and evaluation forms.
Participants will be required to undertake a written assessment and practical skills test to the accredited IIPMM/RTITB standard.
The course will consist of both theoretical and Practical exam.
The successful candidate will be issued with an RTITB certificate which is valid throughout the UK and Ireland